Air Product Manager
Company: Seko Logistics
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Air Product Manager will lead, direct, and manage the Export,
Import, or Breakbulk areas for his/her assigned product at a given
site, to assure consistent quality service, customer satisfaction,
profitability, cost efficient operations, and compliance with U.S.
and international requirements, laws, ISO Standards, requirements,
and other regulatory guidelines governing the export, import,
receipt, and documentation of imported and exported products.
Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensures the operational and financial performance, aligns
budget to market, ensures the accuracy of results, reviews
financial and operational results with teams daily, and implements
adjustments as required to achieve financial and operational
- Maximize profitability through superior service to customers,
effective and prompt communications, and follow-up of all pending
matters with the customer, including changes, scheduling, new
regulations, bonding/insurance requirements, and general industry
- Manage all import, export, or breakbulk transactions and
applicable administrative U.S. and foreign government programs to
ensure all paperwork is processed efficiently and in a timely
manner and meets all compliance requirements; aligns operations
with overall product strategy.
- Plan and monitor daily staffing schedules and adjust
accordingly to ensure sufficient staffing schedules that support
- Manage a specific P&L for the performance in the branch as
well as employees tasked with the day-to-day operation in both
import and export air volumes.
- Select, motivate, train, delegate, coach, develop, assess
progress, review, and reprimand staff as appropriate, create career
opportunities for professional development, and address employee
problems in a prompt and direct manner in accordance with company
- Establish, monitor, revise, document, and communicate all
directives, rules, and procedures to staff, for the handling of
each account, including schedule of service fees, shipment and
booking process, and any other related information.
- Manages the services and performance of vendors, third party
providers, and other relationships within the designated region /
- Ensure all policies and procedures are consistently
- Keep senior management informed of all transaction problems or
- Participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace.
Comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and
that of others, in adhering to safe work procedures. Co-operate
with management in its fulfilment of its legislative
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- In-depth knowledge of Air/Ocean regulatory and governmental
- Ability to read, analyze and negotiate air/ocean contracts,
including base FAS and accessorial costs
- In-depth knowledge of the company's or related products,
services, and operations.
- Knowledge of business administration principles and practices,
such as budgeting, financial statements, and marketing programs and
- Experience with sales and business development principles and
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental principles and
- Ability to apply related laws, rules, and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate business and financial
results and interact effectively with people from multi-functional
and diverse backgrounds.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from
management, employees, and customers.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Develop and implement business and operational programs to
- Demonstrated success in leading, supervising, managing, and
developing staff and high-performance teams.
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of a department
(purchasing, budget, financial reporting, and monitoring of
- Understand issues, problems, and opportunities, and compare
data from different sources to draw conclusions, analyze complex
problems, develop alternative solutions, and reach
- Able to create an environment to make customers' needs a
priority and develop and sustain productive relationships.
- Read, analyze, interpret highly complex regulations and
procedures, and write correspondence and procedural
- Allocate decision-making authority and tasks to others to
maximize the organizations and individuals' effectiveness. Ability
to demonstrate leadership skills in influencing and managing
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects and set
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to
listen, share ideas, and appreciating others' efforts to accomplish
work goals. Maintain stable performance under pressure or
opposition, and handle stress in a manner that is acceptable to
others and the organization.
- Use a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive
team and facilitate team goal attainment.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet,
web-based and job specific software applications.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Business, or a related
- 5+ years direct experience managing a team with direct
responsibility for a specific product
- Master's degree in Logistics, Business, or a related
- Specialist in / strong knowledge of TSA/FMC
- Expert in / familiar with air/vessel chartering
- Specialist in handling of breakbulk / heavy lift
- Experience in ISC handling
- Handling and management of Cargo Freight Station (CFS)
- Some knowledge in customs clearance and CBP import and export
- Experience in AOG - Airplane on Ground
- Department of State for licensable goods
- Haz Mat Certified / Haz Mat Specialist
Keywords: Seko Logistics, Carson , Air Product Manager, Professions , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!