Assistant Maintenance Manager
Posted on: January 14, 2023
Overview:The Assistant Maintenance Manager (Fixed Route) will
coordinate coach/fleet vehicle repairs and maintenance. This
includes but not limited to assignment of work, evaluation of
vehicle repairs, review of the maintenance software system, and
review of all labor and parts utilization. It will be the
responsibility of the Assistant Maintenance Manager to implement
all policies and procedures as determined by Transdev, State and
Federal agencies to maintain all regulatory compliance including
state and federal DOT.
Why work with us?
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to Transdev's
presence in over 200+ communities across North America
- Comprehensive benefits package with healthcare, paid holidays
and a 401(k) savings plan
- Competitive wages in a great work environment
To view Transdev's purpose and how we make a difference, follow
- Manages staff members in the repair, preventive maintenance,
servicing and cleaning of compressed natural gas, diesel, and
alternative fuel powered buses and service vehicles.
- Manages maintenance personnel including recommending
- Monitors technician performance in a manner consistent with
- Ensures that all mechanics have the proper licenses and
certifications including yard permits.
- Manages and inspects major, minor, and vendor repairs.
- Provides technical assistance and on-the-job training to
- Develops work orders and the evaluation of all repairs
performed by both the technicians and outside vendors
- Monitors radio communications during route times and ensures
that all operator inquiries related to the mechanical operation of
the vehicle are responded to immediately
- Assists to ensure CHP compliance and inspections of revenue and
- Other duties to ensure the efficient operation of the
maintenance facility.Qualifications:Experience, Skills, and
- 5 years' experience in the repair and maintenance of all types
of automotive and transit equipment or an equivalent combination of
training and experience.
- Knowledge of CNG and/or internal combustion engines, automatic
transmissions, air brakes, steering, and drivelines.
- Must possess a basic understanding of the theory of electricity
and also be able to read and understand wiring diagrams.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential
- Must be a team player yet able to work well independently.
- Must be able to work well with a diverse group of internal and
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (including Word, Outlook,
Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must submit to drug testing and a background check.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Preferred:
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, plus two years
of college or university studies required.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work 50% indoors and 50% out of doors.
For more information please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check Associated topics:
community, general manager, housing assistant, manage, management,
manager i, office manager, representative, resident,
Keywords: transdevna, Carson , Assistant Maintenance Manager, Professions , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!