Set Up Technician
Company: Search Solutions
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Job DescriptionWe are hiring for a Press Set-Up Technician to
join a team making high volume small precision parts.The ideal
candidate will be able to work independently and responsibly by
observing all health and safety guidelines.Responsibilities
- Set-up and place molding tools and die sets into the molding
presses and will set-up the molding presses ranging in size from 4
tons to 200 tons.
- Place coining tools into the coining presses and will set-up
the coining presses ranging in size from 45 tons to 150 tons.
- Work closely with inspectors to ensure molded parts or coined
parts are dimensionally correct and in tolerance. Tolerances
ranging from --0.001" to --0.005".
- Perform the necessary adjustments to the press set-up to bring
part dimensions into tolerance.
- Troubleshoot the set-up to ensure production parts are defect
- Follow the directions from the production lead for day-to-day
- Support press operators when they run into issues running the
press and holding dimensions in tolerance, support other set-up
mechanics as needed.
- Will take tools out of the press at the end of the production
run and will make the press ready for the next set-up.
- Participates on safety and 5S teams.
- Will need to drive forklift from time to time to move die sets
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to follow safety procedures and to work
- Able to read instructions, part prints, and to follow
- Experience as set-up technician.
- Understanding of mechanical and hydraulic presses.
- Knowledge of general set-up processes and methods.
- Working knowledge of tools and devices.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic inspection skills (micrometers, calipers, dial
indicators).Must be able to do heavy lifting, strong and move
around machines etc., read blueprints, parts prints, experience
with all mechanical tools..
Keywords: Search Solutions, Carson , Set Up Technician, Professions , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!