Company: Hankyu Hanshin Express (USA), Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
General Position SummaryThis position is responsible for
handling activities related to the import of shipments by ocean or
air. Import Coordinator is assigned a variety of duties and
responsibilities that may include many of the following described
below. This is not a complete listing as other duties are "as
assigned by management". Essential Job FunctionsAIR/OCEAN IMPORT
- Coordinates all activities in Import operations in accordance
with HMS and related OCMM Matrix.
- Contacts customers as needed; e.g. Notification of shipments;
Verifies information such as delivery locations, Receives documents
such as commercial invoices and packing lists; Checks customers'
EDI systems for additional information as necessary.
- Retrieve pre-alerts from emails or systems such as Tradebook
- Contacts carriers (steamships, co-loaders, airlines) and CFSs
to obtain arrival information, charges, last free day, etc.
- Issues arrival notices/authorities to make entry to
customers/customers' customs brokers, and follow up the shipment
- Checks in advance if ISF is filed, and in case not filed yet,
follow up until it is properly filed (Ocean).
- Handle in-bond entries (PTT/Warehouse Transfer, IT, T&E,
IE) for applicable shipments.
- Contacts carriers (steamships, co-loaders, airlines), CFSs, and
truckers, etc. as needed; e.g. To arrange Warehouse Transfer; To
Expedite break-down/transfers and release of cargo; To request them
to make sure that the freight is stored in an appropriate storage;
To resolve AMS issues, etc.
- Contacts the US Customs' Client Representatives to resolve
- Releases shipments upon receipt of original bill of lading
(Ocean) and/or payment and checks for COD shipments.
- Contacts trucking companies to arrange deliveries and follow up
until POD and invoice are obtained.
- Work with the other departments such as Warehouse, Customs
Brokerage, and Sales to smoothly handle shipments.
- Handle rate inquiries and cargo claims in a timely manner.
- Resolves problems to make sure that the shipments are
- Completes AP/AR postings within 5 days after delivery.
- Answer emails, phone calls, MS TEAMS chats, face to face
communications in a timely manner.
- Breaks down document pouches/pre-alerts of consolidation
shipments as needed; Prepares manifests as needed.
- Creates new files, inputs all the applicable charges;
Issues/Sends checks, Pays online, as needed.
- Resolve Accounting issues in a timely manner.
- Sends/Uploads billing packages/payment requests with an
- Prepares calculations and reports as needed; Updates and
maintains specified spreadsheets.
- Organizes the documents and maintain.
- Utilizes available technologies and systems to maximize
efficiency (e.g. upload documents to CargoWise, create billing
package from CargoWise, etc.) OTHER & MISCELLANEOUS
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive
ways and means in work processes.
- Accommodate the changes made by IT department and
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as
assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to supervisor/manager
- Maintains good communication with management, office staff
members, and outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area.
Keywords: Hankyu Hanshin Express (USA), Inc., Carson , Import Coordinator, Professions , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!