Cross Dock Warehouse Associate
Company: Agility Logistics
Posted on: November 21, 2020
The main function of this position will be to ensure the highest
level of customer satisfaction as it pertains to the 3PL product.
This is a "hands-on" position that will require a working knowledge
of all aspects of the 3PL product. Helps to receive and store all
items coming in to ensure a smooth and consistent operation so
customer product is verified in quantity and condition as well as
put away upon delivery to the DC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leverages the WMS to drive warehouse processes where possible
and continuously looks for opportunities to further improve
- Support Shipping, Inventory Control, and the Value Added
Services (VAS) Sponsors to provide a safe, efficient and productive
- Maintains equipment and consumables required to perform the
daily functions of Receiving.
- Plans and schedules inbound carriers.
- Supports the unloading of all product into the Receiving
Department; ensures materials are staged for counting and
inspection; ensures receiving reports accurately report product
received; ensures carrier paperwork is completed, signed off and
- Help to resolve discrepancies with Accounting regarding
invoices, packing slips, and receiving reports.
- Monitors the process flow to ensure efficient and timely
updates to the systems.
- Oversees the movement of inventory from inbound carries to
Receiving Dock and from Receiving Dock to the Warehouse in an
efficient, effective and safe manner.
- Monitors and measures Receiving and Warehouse performance for
accuracy of receiving reporting and movement and storage of
- Performs other related duties as required.
- 3-5 years of experience in Warehousing, Shipping, Receiving, or
Inventory Control in a distribution environment.
- Strong knowledge of Receiving, Warehouse, and Material Handling
operations, methods, and practices.
- Must be safety certified
- Must be experienced in receiving hazardous materials.
- Ability to develop personnel and equipment structures to
support present and future operations.
- Operational knowledge of DOT, HAZMAT, TSA security, C-TPAT
regulations, OSHA compliance, Forklift certification
- Knowledge and previous use and/or configuration of any leading
WMS a plus.
- Must possess the ability to effectively and clearly communicate
orally and in writing.
- Demonstrates a positive "can do" attitude that motivates
others.*** Qualified applicants (internal and external) must
currently possess legal authorization to work in the United
- Must poses skills and professional standardsShould demonstrate
interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective
relationships with customers, other managers, supervisors and
- Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, including; writing, editing,
- Proactive and excellent prioritization skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong Knowledge of transportation and logistics industry
- Proactive approach to solving problems
- Team player with ability to work with cross-functional teams
and all levels of management
- Ability to work under time pressures while maintaining a
- Implement and maintain a standard in which the Team will
support and respect implemented Receiving Control Guidelines
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Comfortable using metrics to manage team and drive
English is the principal language for this position. This position
requires good written and verbal communication skills and the
ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural
Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel,
PowerPoint, and other technical software is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand, have a solid physical aptitude and endurance and
the desire to work in a fast paced environment. The employee is
often required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be
able to travel, operate machinery and drive a vehicle. This
position will require a variety of duties. Must be able to lift,
push and pull up to 50lbs.
Agility Culture from Agility Logistics on Vimeo.
Keywords: Agility Logistics, Carson , Cross Dock Warehouse Associate, Professions , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!