Inspection C (Quality Inspector)
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: May 19, 2023
Description: Job Title: Inspection C (Quality Inspector) Job ID:
IMS20230703-98090 Job Location: Gardena, CASchedule: 9/80Shift: 1st
Shift Summary:Perform visual, electrical, and assembly-related
mechanical in-process inspections, and some final inspections, with
as-required supervision, to assure compliance to company and
industry specifications. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Verify previous operations are performed and accepted. Compare
work order/document package to the assembly for correct part
number, drawing, revision, as-required approval(s), and Engineering
- Perform visual inspection of electrical assemblies, including
circuit boards, solder joints, cables, transformers to company and
industry specifications and standards.
- Check physical appearance of parts, sub-assemblies, and
assemblies for adherence to established industry workmanship
standards, such as damage, solder quality, component orientation,
- Perform assembly-related mechanical and dimensional inspection
using scales, micrometer and calipers.
- Perform / verify requirements as outlined in process
specifications (for example, fluorescent light examination of
conformal coating of circuit boards).
- Support less experienced inspectors, by assisting with informal
training that utilize/reference company and industry specifications
- Review records for completeness, as required, including Work
Orders, Engineering Changes, Manufacturing Process changes,
Material Discrepancy Reports, Rework documentation, test data,
- Verify assembly work order test results for completeness and
correctness to the test requirements and limits.
- Perform assigned surveillance audits.
- Perform surveillance/verification of assembly workmanship,
equipment calibration, manufacturing process, and test process, and
other related duties, as assigned.
- Interface, as required, with internal counterparts, in
Engineering, Production, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing
Engineering, Contracts, and Internal Customers.
- Inform the inspection lead and/or lead of production of any
assembly problems, and generate a non-conformance document.
- Verify and record configuration and present to Document Control
and/or the Customer/ Government Representative (s). Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- High School or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior
relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience with J-STD-001 and/or IPC-A-610
- Must be able to interpret/ follow documents such as: Drawings,
Procedures, Engineering Change (EOs) Work Orders and Work
- Ability to work with measurements and math.
- Knowledgeable of assembly practices and requirements.
- Interface, with Engineering, Production, Planning, Quality
Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Internal Customers.
- One-year certificate in a quality related field from college or
technical school desired.
- ANSI/J-STD-001, IPC-A-610, and IPC-620 latest revisions and ESD
Electrostatic Discharge preferred. In compliance with pay
transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is
$43,000.00 - $80,000.00. This is not a guarantee of compensation or
salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including
but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris
also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability
insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education
assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid
holidays. The specific programs and options available to an
employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the
applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Carson , Inspection C (Quality Inspector), Other , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...