TBM Mechanical Superintendent
Posted on: January 22, 2023
SUMMARY: This role will focus primarily on daily management,
supervision and coordination of Dragados company heavy construction
and tunnel specific equipment. This position will report directly
to the project site construction manager. PRIMARY
- Requisitions of certain project materials, equipment and
services on the project
- Interprets the intent and requirements of the design
documentation and information
- Performs technical administration of contracts related to
Equipment or Plant
- Controls all equipment that the company owns or leases for the
- Collaborates in bids regarding to equipment.
- Makes yearly improvements and updates to our equipment
accounts, both with big equipment manufacturers and equipment
- Elaborates and updates operating costs and rental rates for
bids and estimators.
- Maintains knowledge in federal, state, and local compliance
- Maintains working knowledge of applicable codes and standards
for a project
- Finds potential issues ahead of time and is able to problem
- Monitor rented equipment such that rental payments are best
investment the Project can make towards maximizing overall
- Enforces site safety at all times
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous
activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve
- Develops and maintains business relationships with workers,
manufacturers, dealers, project managers, equipment managers, and
subcontractors from Dragados USA and affiliates.
- Provides computer guidance on equipment modules
- Investigates and evaluates cause and extent of damage to
equipment involved in accidents.
- Training, mentoring, and oversight of subordinate staff
- Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical / Civil Engineering is
preferred but not required,
- A minimum of 10 -15 years of specific experience working as
Equipment and Plant Manager in a tunnel Projects.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance on at least 1
project using pressurized face Tunnel Boring Machine
- Knowledge of construction equipment manufacturers including
equipment lease/rentals companies, national accounts, auctioneers,
- Local knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Goal oriented - able to set goals and achieve them
- Interpersonal - able to work well and persuade people at all
organization levels. Be able to work together with our equipment
managers in our affiliates and job site equipment managers.
- Organizational ability - able to plan, prioritize, organize,
and monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group
environment and foster a team approach.
Keywords: Dragados, Carson , TBM Mechanical Superintendent, Other , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!