Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Job Summary & Essential Functions: *
This role is responsible for supporting the logistics and
warehousing functions including material handling, staging,
shipping and receiving. This will require supporting the flow of
incoming materials and outgoing products to meet customer delivery
requirements and support operational needs.
*1. Material Handling: *
- The Shipping/Receiving Clerk will perform all warehouse and
logistics functions pertaining to functional area.
- This will include receiving, picking, kitting, stocking and
shipping of finished product and/or raw materials.
- Fulfills product orders by picking/packing product, inputting
inventory updates through the inventory system and shipping orders
within the required timeframes.
- Receives incoming product from stores/other centers/vendors by
matching product to invoices, inputting product to the inventory
system and conducting inventory and cycle counts as required.
- Operation of material handling equipment and online shipping
systems when required.
*2. Continuous Improvement: *
- Participate in warehouse space utilization and material flow
- Understand core processes of the logistics, warehousing and
packaging arenas to provide input on cost reduction
- Support development of standardization, guidelines, and policy
compliance requirements across category level.
- Ensures a neat/clean work environment by cleaning work areas and
discarding materials in the proper manner.
- Assists in tracking metrics data and provide weekly/monthly
reports designed to measure performance, identify costs, and
provide guidance for logistics and operational planning.
*3. Internal Communication and Collaboration: *
- Support and promote company core values of honesty,
professionalism, respect, trust and teamwork and utilize the
Ducommun Way methodology to achieve objectives.
- Interface with every key functions and levels of the businesses
*4. ITAR and Regulatory Compliance: *
- Ensure ITAR compliance and control through secured and coded
correspondence and designated / approved communication portals.
- Compliance with all applicable ISO Procedures.
- Compliance with all Safety Procedures.
*Required Skills & Qualifications*_*: *_To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications,
competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required.
Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this
- Use of a hand held scanner.
- Lift, move and carry boxes up to 70 pounds.
- Able to operate motorized vehicles (fork trucks, cherry pickers,
easy-go carts etc.).
- Organization, Detail orientation and multi-tasking skills.
- Familiarity with a computer keyboard. Strong math and logic
skills, excellent problem-solving skills.
- Very detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, reliable, a self-starter with
excellent follow- up skills.
*Required Experience/Education/Training/Certifications: *To perform
this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined
experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience,
product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 2 years distribution or warehouse industry
- Intermediate MS Excel and MS Access skills required.
*Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: *The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of the job. Safety glasses, safety shoes and other
designated personal protective equipment as required for the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands, occasionally
lift one to ten pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to
adjust focus to review supply chain documents, identify parts and
clearly see operations and identify hazards in the production area.
Use of computer screen and other electronic devices.
- Working Conditions are: 80% office environment, 15% manufacturing
environment; 5% outdoors.
- Noise level is moderate in office environment.
- Hearing protection must be worn in designated manufacturing
- Fully enclosed shoes, leather construction, must be worn in all
- Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in all manufacturing
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Carson, CA 90745: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Please indicate your desired rate of pay.
* Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Ducommun, Carson , Shipping/Receiving Clerk, Other , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!