Microbiologist with Mold Experience - offering sign-on bonus!
Company: SGS North America
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Company Description -SGS is the global leader and innovator in
inspection, verification, testing and certification services.
Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in
quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries
and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and
laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by
assuring quality and safety of products and services.Trusted all
over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion,
pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas.
We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will
be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.Job
Description -We are offering a sign-on bonus for this
opportunity!Our Carson, CA laboratory is looking for a
-Microbiologist -to join their -Microbiology Team! - -The
Microbiologist -assists the Microbiology Supervisor in preparation
and analysis of environmental and industrial hygiene samples.
Experience in Mycology analysis preferred. -Job Functions:
- Performs analyses on routine and moderately complex samples
according to SGS' analytical SOPs using instrumentation specific to
the department and analytical methodologies.
- Performs routine operation, maintenance, calibration, and
trouble-shoots laboratory instruments / equipment.
- May assist with the development and validation of analytical
methods, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other operating,
safety and quality documents for method development, transfer, and
- Provides technical training, advice and support to Analysts in
- May provide technical support to Marketing, Sales, Customer
Service and clients regarding testing, reporting or technical
- Inputs and maintains technical information as needed to support
the laboratory functions/operations.
- Manages multiple projects as assigned.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications -
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in a life science is required;
biology, mycology, or microbiology and two (2) years of relevant
- Laboratory experience, especially microscopy, a plus
- PCR experience a plus
- Comfortable handling live bacteria and fungal cultures
- Experience analyzing non-viable fungal air/bulk samples by
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, experience with LIMS, Microsoft Office
(Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to comply with existing processes and adapt to new
processes and/ or changes within the organization
- Team player with positive, respectful attitude
- Excellent time management skills which includes the ability to
balance multiple projects concurrently (with different deadlines)
and arrange the resources necessary to accomplish them
- Conforms to all applicable policies and procedures of the
- Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry,
pull, or otherwise move objects.Additional Information -SGS is an
Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train,
and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age,
marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The
requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required.This job description should not
be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities
or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing
contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.If you
are applying for a position within the United States and you have
difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of
a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a
message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone
number is not for general employment information but is only for
individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position
due to a disability.#INDLAB
Keywords: SGS North America, Carson , Microbiologist with Mold Experience - offering sign-on bonus!, Other , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!