Heavy Equipment Operator III
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
WM, a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive
waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly
committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism
and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in
residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets
throughout North America through a network of collection
operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and
waste-based energy production projects.
Why Work at WM?
* Competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental
* Life insurance and Short Term Disability
* Stock Purchase Plan and company match on 401K
* Paid Time Off and paid Holidays
* Career growth opportunities
* Education Benefit and more!
You and your family can go back to school - and it's on us! Access
WM's education benefit, Your Tomorrow, and see what's possible.
Benefits-eligible team members can receive 100% tuition coverage
for 135+ fully funded programs - including bachelor's degrees, high
school completion, college prep, professional certificates and
more. Plus WM will contribute toward 40+ master's programs! Even
better, all required books and out-of-pocket fees for education
programs are 100% reimbursable.
Don't forget, Your Tomorrow is also available for dependents. WM
will pay 100% of the tuition for children ages 18 to 26 and spouses
of benefits-eligible team members for more than 35 in-demand
programs from high-quality schools and universities including
undergraduate degrees, short-form technology and business
certificate programs and high school completion. Students only pay
for books. Ready to learn more? Get started today at
I. Job Summary
Operates a wide variety of heavy equipment vehicles that perform
the spreading and compaction of construction demolition, soil
remediation, commercial and residential waste disposed at the post
collection facilities or particular job sites.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
* Operates heavy equipments in compliance with the company
operating safety policies and procedures.
* Conducts routine equipment inspections and preventative
maintenance on equipment; maintains accurate records
* Moves and positions raw materials and finished components with
use of material moving equipments.
* Follow appropriate standard operating procedures as guideline for
operating and maintaining vehicle
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Will be part of a team that will be required to move from job
site to job site on an as needed basis.
* Will be required to perform some Environmental Technician duties
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
* Education: None required.
* Experience: Five (5) years of previous experience operating
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
* TWIC Card or the ability to obtain one prior to starting.
* 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certification required or the ability to obtain
one within 30 days of starting.
* Pre-assignment and/or pre-hire customer-specific drug and/or
alcohol testing may be required by certain customer-contract
requirements. Such testing may include urinalysis, oral swab, drug
hair follicle testing and/or alcohol testing.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
* Ability to operate numerous soil excavation/remediation
* Ability to work within a cohesive team/unit
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as
keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
* Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
30 pounds occasionally;
* Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) occasionally;
* Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of
the work day;
* Normal setting for this job is: shop or field.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply."
Keywords: Waste Management, Carson , Heavy Equipment Operator III, Other , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!