Posted on: January 16, 2022
SGS is the worlds leading inspection, verification, testing and
certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark
for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS
operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around
- Utilize aseptic techniques during sample preparation and
- Prepare test solutions and reagents.
- Maintain proper labeling, handling, storage, use, and disposal
of solutions, biohazard and hazardous waste, and microbiological
- Perform serial dilutions and enumerate target microorganisms
according to standard operating procedures.
- Detect pathogens that may cause foodborne illness using DNA and
- Prepare and sterilize culture media.
- Extract desired components from samples using standard chemical
procedures such as distillation, solvent extraction and acid
- Maintain and verify general laboratory equipment.
- Document and record accurate data using Laboratory Information
Management System (LIMS).
- Manage time and tasks efficiently while maintaining an
exceptional quality of work.
- Think independently while working in a team environment.
- Be detail oriented while understanding the big picture.
- A four-year degree in microbiology, chemistry, food science,
biology, or related discipline or equivalent industrial laboratory
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
- Experience with Windows PC and Microsoft Office.
- LIMS software experience a plus
- Schedule includes at least one weekend day and evening
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire,
train, and promote persons in all job classifications without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive
statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a
general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts
the companys rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you
have difficulty completing the on-line employment application
because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance
and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note,
this phone number is not for general employment information, but is
only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a
position due to a disability.
Information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Sgs, Carson , Microbiologist, Other , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!