Senior Satellite Systems Engineer
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.Boeing Defense, Space, and
Security (BDS), Space and Launch Division, is seeking a Senior
Satellite Systems Engineer (Level 5) to support the team in El
Segundo, CA. The-Space and Launch-Team creates the next generation
products and services for the BDS business unit. We work with both
commercial and proprietary customers in the development of the
next-generation technologies in space.- Our team-focuses on rapid
prototyping to demonstrate a host of mission-focused technologies
for a variety of customers.- Our group works all facets of
engineering from technology investment, concept development,
proposal writing, requirements and design, build, integration,
test, and demonstration of products in their relevant
environments.Position Overview:The Senior Satellite Systems
Engineer will be a part of a high-performing team that are immersed
in high intensity development projects. As a member of our team,
you will have the opportunity to develop state-of-the-art satellite
systems for national security programs, civil, and other government
programs. This role will focus on high impact, creative solutions
to complex technical problems, and work as part of a large team.
This position will allow the successful candidate to develop and
execute a set of integrated SEIT plans and technical artifacts that
will enable the program to meet the technical performance
parameters and mission success.Position Responsibilities:
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to lead
activities to plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle
balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Leads others to evaluate customer/operational needs to define
system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and
assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program
- Leads analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or
system architecture. Leads analyses for affordability, safety,
reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems
integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system
security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other
specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to
ensure mission success.
- Leads, develops, maintains and identifies improvements the
planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of
requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity
management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Decompose and flow down system level requirements into
subsystem and unit specifications.
- Collect, track and report on requirements quality metrics
- Lead the unit specification factory process including use of
the master unit specification template as applicable.
- Create, release and maintain the program specification
- Perform analyses and trades to define space vehicle system
- Develop and maintain requirements, trace, verification events
and methods in DOORS for a space vehicle system.
- Develop, maintain and release the space vehicle and subsystem
requirement specifications, update as necessary.
- Support subsystem and vehicle-level testing and anomaly
- Analyze, verify, and validate system level performance.
- Analyze, verify, and validate performance of hardware
components in a space system.
- Track, collect, review and approve verification artifacts for
subsystem and space vehicle requirement sell-offs.
- Process applicable contract modifications or RDWs with the
customer as necessary.
- Create, release and deliver space vehicle compliance matrix
CDRL in support of spacecraft sell-off.Work Authorization:This
position requires an active/current U.S. Security Clearance with a
Tier 5 Investigation (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope
Background Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully
completed by the federal government within the last 5 years or in a
Continuous Evaluation/Continuous Vetting program for the T5/SSBI.
(A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24
months is considered active).Basic Qualifications (Required
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, or physics is required.
- 8 years or more of experience as a systems engineer assessing
functionality or performance of a complex system.-Preferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with decomposing requirements.
- Experience with space, launch, vehicle, satellite programs or
other complex systems.
- Experience in development, build and test of space
- Experience using DOORS, requirement verification methods and
typically acquired through advanced technical education from an
accredited course of study in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14
or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination
of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related
work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the
USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required,
accreditation standard Relocation:-This position offers relocation
based on candidate eligibility. (Full relocation is available for
internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.).Drug Free
Workplace:-Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.Eligible for 3ERP.Vaccination
Requirements:Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees
to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable
accommodation based on local legislation in several countries
including U.S.-based employees. for current vaccination and/or
reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on
location.Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected
Keywords: BOEING, Carson , Senior Satellite Systems Engineer, Other , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!