Summary: The shipping and receiving clerk is responsible for
performing a variety of shipping and receiving tasks under general
supervision. The shipping and receiving clerk will verify the order
to match the received materials and prepare the items for proper
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to
complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
• Read shipping orders to determine quantity and type of
• Ensure the accuracy of all shipping documents, gather and
maintain all data relative to shipping activities.
• Collect all documentation for outboard freight and route to the
proper record keeping unit.
• Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of
merchandise to be shipped.
• Schedule inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse
• Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and issue
instructions for loading products.
• Operate equipment such as forklift, overhead crane, pallet jacks
and more safely and efficiently.
• Maintain a clean, neat, and organized work environment.
• Keep an equipment checklist and perform preventative maintenance
• Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education
and/or Experience requirements:
• High School Education required.
• 1-2 years of Warehouse experience
• One (1) year of experience operating a Forklift.
• Ability to use a computer or tablet a plus
• Good communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to follow instructions and work under pressure
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• 3:00 PM to 1:00 AM (Monday thru Thursday) and Friday 3:00 PM to
This role has the following physical demands:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is
occasionally required to stand and walk.
• The employee must occasionally lift, pull and move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
Compensation: Minimum pay starting at $17.00 per hour, plus a
minimum shift premium of $0.85 per hour in addition to your base
wage, plus weekly overtime and bonuses. Starting hourly rates may
be higher based on experience. Annual pay for new hires generally
ranges between $70,258 and $85,887 + depending on experience and
overtime hours worked.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that
• Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
• Annual pay increases
• Paid Time Off
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
• Company-paid Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching
• Charitable donation matching programs
• Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents
of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT
and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring,
countertop, wall tile, and hardscaping products in North America.
Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30
state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S.
and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of
quartz, porcelain, ceramic, LVT, natural stone and glass products
imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity
and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a
work environment that allows all employees to do their best work,
free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant
will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age,
sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship
status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other
legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for
all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an
accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our
Shift start: 2:00PM or 3:00PM
Shift length: 108.5 hours
2pm-12am; 3p-1am; 3pm-11:30pm
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 21+ years old
About MSI Surfaces
Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading nationwide distributor of
flooring, countertop, wall tile and hardscaping products.
Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI maintains more than 20
distribution centers across the United States and Canada.