* Migrate desktops and relevant applications to the new cloud
based Virtual Desktop infrastructure
* Performs day-to-day activities required to administer VDI in
support of end-users. Create and deploy application packages to VDI
users. Performs VDI image creation and distribution.
* Compile lists of applications and package the applications to
be deployed in an RDSH VDI environment
* Provide physical/virtual machine management services for the
virtual desktop solution (in coordination with other operational
* Maintain server equipment operation through virtual machine
* Perform management and maintenance of VMWare software
* Coordinate and perform Virtual Desktop and infrastructure
* Maintain operations on a day-to-day basis for a complex
virtual desktop environment of over 1000 virtual desktops.
* Troubleshoot and proactively monitor systems and applications
to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational
* Provide expertise in the virtualization of applications
* Install, update, patch and uninstall custom and off the shelf
* Troubleshoot complex issues and provides incident resolution
for all related incidents requiring escalated support or subject
* Assists in ensuring compliance with security policies and
* Assist in the design, development, testing, implementation,
and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing
* Work with project managers, developers, and end users to
ensure system designs meet business requirements
* Evaluate new and existing software products.
* Integrate new and modify major physical/virtual desktop images
to create a baseline for deployment to client's physical/virtual
workstations) that are Security Technical Implementation Guide
(STIG) compliant, and to ensure compliance with DoD Secure Host
Baseline (SHB) mandates and proper operation of applications,
software, and IT systems.
* Maintain and update the existing standard workstation image
process for all models of current and future client's desktop
computers, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), tablets and
* Provide an updated physical standard image as needed that
incorporates previous patches, updates, and software versions.
* Provide an updated virtual standard image as needed that
incorporates all patches, updates and software versions.
* Provide updated virtual images when critical vulnerabilities
occur that require immediate update.
* Sustain the infrastructure and applications used to deploy
standard images to field office locations.
* Deploy workstation images to distribution points (servers) in
client's field offices by utilizing Microsoft Systems Center
Configuration Management (SCCM) .
* Install, configure, and administer the SCCM application and
its supporting virtual and hardware components.
* After core business hours, update all the existing virtual
desktop image as needed with a current updated/patched Microsoft
desktop operating system image approved software application
version/patches, hardware drivers and/or other registry/system
* Document each image release to maintain inventory of all
* Provide summary report of all changes made to all desktop
* For physical machines, maintain two versions of SHB standard
images in SCCM (Microsoft System Center Configuration Manger) and
* For VDI, maintain two versions of image that stored as
templates in VMWare Virtual Center. VDI image bundles operating
system with application packages, driver packages, toolkit,
security patches, custom settings, etc.
* Develop Image Release Test Plan, which will be provided to
client's Test Environment prior to release to the Production
* Troubleshoot and resolve assigned Service Level III IRs and
SRs regarding image.
* Provide written technical specifications for end user
computing devices projected for use by the client.
* Review workstation vendor first article delivery of physical
end user equipment against technical specifications, and provide in
depth analysis and recommendation reports regarding product
* Provide End User Computing Device Technology Specifications
and Recommendation Reports upon assignment and delivery of vendor
first article hardware
* Bachelor's degree in technical field or the equivalent
combination of education and experience
* 4+ years of experience in application deployment (ex: SCCM,
* Expertise in virtualizing applications through sequencing is
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience administrating a
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) or any equivalent combination
of education and experience that provides the required knowledge,
skills, and abilities
* Minimum one (5) year of experience providing end-user support
related to VDI or any equivalent combination of education and
experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and
* Must have experience with Virtual Desktop Administration
preferably using VMware Horizon View
* Experience configuring registry settings.
* Experience working with Windows 10 configuration, profiles,
group policies, Distributed File System, etc.
* Experience with PowerShell scripting
* Thorough understanding of virtualization technologies (VMware
ESXi, Hyper-V, Hypervisor, etc.),
* Experience working with vSphere 6.7 and VMware Horizon 7,
specifically the Virtual Center and VM creation
* Knowledge and Experience with ChangeGear is a plus
1. IAT Level II Certification (Any of the following
certifications meet the IAT Level II requirement:
* Security + CE
* CASP CE
* CISSP (or Associate)
2. Computing Environment Certification
* Windows Operating System
Clearance Required: Secret is desired but not required. Must be
approved for CAC issuance upon hire
Location of Position: Carson, CA (cannot be remote)
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas
and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We
are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients,
including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and
Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services,
Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with
progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true
partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.