Information Technology Analyst
Company: CSUDH Foundation
Posted on: April 9, 2021
About CSUDH Foundation: The California State University,
Dominguez Hills Foundation ("Foundation") is a non-profit
organization and was incorporated in 1968 as a partner of the
California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH or the
"University") to provide supplemental services that enhance core
academic programs which are an integral part of the University's
educational mission. CSUDH is a highly diverse, metropolitan
university primarily serving the South Bay area of Los Angeles
County. CSUDH is one of 23 campuses that comprise the California
State University System. The Foundation offers tremendous personal
and professional growth opportunities, in addition to competitive
compensation and a highly attractive benefits program, including
employer-sponsored health, dental vision, life insurance,
retirement program and vacation pay. Position Summary: Under the
general direction of the Associate Vice President, IT Finance &
Auxiliaries, the Information Technology (I.T) Analyst is
responsible for administering the One Solution ERP system and
ensuring that data sources are accurate and readily accessible to
the user community. Provide consultative support and services to
the user community to ensure problem resolution, system/data
access, and optimal system performance. Provide technical advice
and expertise in the evaluation, purchase, upgrading, and
maintenance of software and/or hardware resources. Provide training
and communication materials to users that maximize their ability to
utilize system capabilities, features, and other resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Data Administration and
- Administer and maintain the DH Dining Debit and Gift & Loyalty
- Develop and administer data policies, procedures, and
- Analyze and define data requirements
- Maintain database archives and documentation
- Assist in data transfers and file sharing via utility
- Monitor, analyze, and verify data to ensure integrity
- Develop policies and procedures for access to remote resources
and provide access to these resources
- Applies broad knowledge of principles, practices, and
procedures to the completion of difficult assignments
- Ensure system integrity and efficiency
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the Foundation
Website. Projects and Needs Analysis :
- Assist in the planning, design, development, of new
applications and enhancements to existing applications in
- Meet with decisions-makers, systems owners, and end-users to
define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and
resolve business systems issues
- Consults with users to identify and document software/system
purpose, workflow issues, output needs and to determine overall
functional and technical system requirements and
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing
systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging
- Research available products and systems and recommend
alternatives to meet identified needs
- Participate in needs assessments and evaluate potential
purchases for compatibility with existing systems
- Develop alternative solutions and conduct feasibility studies
- Provide telephone, email, video, or on-site support
- Assist users with the DH Dining Debit and Gift & Loyalty
- Work to propose creative and effective resolutions for complex
- Develop and conduct training and self-guided tutorials on
equipment, applications, databases, and related systems
- Write user documentation, user guides, instructor guides,
training outlines, and technical training publications
- Perform occasional training of end-users to help them become
self-sufficient Minimum Qualifications and Experience: The
following describes the ideal experience and attributes a
successful candidate will offer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information
Systems, or related field or similar certified coursework in
applicable fields of study.
- At least five years of working experience as an information
technology technician or a systems analyst.
- Must have experience with report generation using One Solution,
Cognos, and POS, etc.
- Experience working in a Higher Education environment is
preferred. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to apply consultative skills to assess user needs and
provide appropriate support.
- Knowledge of information technology systems and/or
applications, including campus-wide systems and multimedia
environments, access procedures, networks, and/or databases.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Ability to integrate multiple applications and/or systems.
- Ability to analyze data requirements and research data
availability and access methods.
- Knowledge of data administration principles and
- Ability to coordinate and implement data exchanges and
conversions. The Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on
basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic
information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital
status, medical condition, national origin, sex sexual orientation,
covered veteran status, or any other protected status.
EEO/AA/Disability/Veterans: Individuals with disabilities
requesting accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act
(ADA) may contact the Foundation Human Resources Office at (310)
243-1062. E-Verify: This position requires new and re-hire
employment verification to be processed through the E-Verify
program administered by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S.
Citizenship, and Immigration Service in partnership with the Social
Security Administration. If hired, the successful candidate will be
required to furnish proof of legal authorization to work in the
United States. Conditions of Employment: The person holding this
position is considered a "mandated report" under the California
Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply
with the requirements set forth as a condition of employment. A
background check (including a criminal records check) must be
completed satisfactorily for any position that the CSUDH Foundation
deems sensitive to. Sensitive positions are those requiring
heightened scrutiny of individuals holding the position based on
the potential for harm to children. Concerns for the safety and
security of people, animals, or property, or heightened risk for
financial loss to the CSUDH Foundation or individuals in the
university community. Failure to satisfactorily complete the
background check may affect the application status of applicants or
continued employment of current employees. Employment--at the
Foundation is on an at-will basis and can be terminated by either
an employee or the Foundation at any time with or without cause--or
advanced notice. Permanent status can neither be obtained nor
Keywords: CSUDH Foundation, Carson , Information Technology Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!