Company: PRN Ambulance
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Accepting Entry Level and Experienced Paramedics at PRN
Ambulance! Starting Base Rate: $32.00 per hour. Job Summary: The
purpose of the Paramedic position is to provide basic and advanced
life support and emergency medical techniques to those in need of
assistance. Participating in continuing education and training
relative to medical and industry advancements is vital to
succeeding in this role. The position of a Paramedic must possess
excellent customer service skills and is a caring and compassionate
clinician. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responding to emergency and non-emergency calls calmly,
efficiently and promptly;
* Administering basic and advanced life support to patients at the
scene, en route to the hospital and in a pre-hospital setting in
accordance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations and
* Assessing the nature and extent of injury or illness to establish
and prioritize medical procedures to be followed;
* Treating patients en route to the hospital, and in a pre-hospital
setting in accordance with federal, state, local, laws, regulations
and standards and in accordance with EMS policies rules, and
* Effectively communicating with professional medical personnel and
treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further
treatment and/ or to arrange reception of patients to the
* Completing patient care forms, insurance forms, evaluation forms,
and all other forms in a competent and timely fashion.
* Adhere to and follow all policies and procedures concerning
safety and contamination by bloodborne pathogens
* Communicates proficiently and effectively with hospital staff and
* Responsible for cleaning and operating ambulance equipment
* Presents themselves in a professional, courteous and punctual
* Other duties as assigned Minimum Qualifications:
* Maintain current industry standards through continuing
* Must portray a positive Company image and attitude to
* Must be current in local, state and federally mandated
* Must maintain current industry standards through continuing
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must be able to communicate and understand English verbally and
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug
* Must be able to provide a current PPD test results
* Must have completed all mandatory training including mandatory
* Must demonstrate a compassionate attitude towards all customers
and family members
* Must maintain current licensure in the following:
* CPR/BLS, ACLS, and PALS (American Heart Association)
* Paramedic State Card
* Current and Valid State Driver's License
* Ambulance Driver's License
* Medical Examiner's Certificate (DL 51)
* LA County EMT-P Accreditation (We sponsor if you do not have
* Post offer must be able to obtain a DMV H6.
* Post offer must be able to obtain a LADOT permit. Compensation
* Night pay differential and assorted shifts available
* Flexible scheduling to work with outside commitments such as
* Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Legal Shield, and more!
* 401(K) Retirement Plan
* Holiday Pay
* Hiring 18 years of age and older
* Several promotional opportunities such as FTO, Field Supervisor,
Management Training, etc.
* Certification Reimbursement: PRN Ambulance will reimburse for
* PRN Ambulance offers free internal CPR, BLS, ACLS, and PALS
classes to our employees. Physical Requirements:
* Must be able to perform the following tasks:
* Walk - frequently, up to 10 hours per day.
* Run - infrequently, 1-2 minutes per day.
* Stand - frequently, up to 10 hours per day.
* Sit - frequently, up to 8 hours per day.
* Kneel - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
* Bend - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
* Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 250 Lbs. infrequently
(1-3 times per shift)
* Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 150 Lbs. frequently (5-10
times per shift)
* Must have ability to step up and/ or climb over obstacles
* Must be able to climb stairs while carrying up to 150 Lbs.
* Must have adequate hearing acuity to perform job tasks (as
delineated in California DMV DL51 medical examination
* Must have adequate vision (with corrective lenses if needed) to
clearly distinguish colors, shapes, distances, etc. (as delineated
in California DMV DL51 medical examination requirements)
* Must have adequate hand and finger dexterity to grip and hold
both large and small items
* Must have adequate hand and arm strength to grip and lift heavy
* Must be able to tolerate work in an outdoor environment (heat,
cold, rain, etc.)#IND-PRN Job Types: Full-time, Part-time Pay: From
$32.00 per hour Benefits:
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* 12 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
* Signing bonus Work Location: One location
Keywords: PRN Ambulance, Carson , Paramedic, Healthcare , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!