ICP Metals Laboratory Analyst - Carson, CA
Posted on: April 10, 2021
ICP Metals Laboratory Analyst - Carson, CA Temp-to-hire Shift:
Mon-Fri; 8AM-5PM Salary rate: $16-18/hr..DOE Job Description
- Prepares various types of sample via acid digestion for
subsequent metals analysis.
- Analyzes prepared samples by FLAA, GFAA, CVAA and ICP.
- Follows Company and Departmental SOPs to ensure accurate and
repeatable reporting of results.
- Adheres to the Quality Assurance Program, documenting and
taking corrective action when necessary.
- Successfully completes required training courses and in-house
- Notifies and relinquishes samples to a Supervisor if additional
expertise is required.
- Adheres to Health & Safety, housekeeping, and instrument
calibration and maintenance requirements.
- Periodically analyzes proficiency samples.
- Maintains equipment and instruments as required.
- Performs other technical duties as required by the laboratory
- Participates in professional development activities (e.g.,
publication of papers, active participation in appropriate
organizations, attending classes and seminars, etc.)
- Conforms to all applicable policies and procedures of Forensic
- Performs any other duties related to this position as may be
required by the laboratory supervisor. Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in a science-related field
- Prior ICP-OES, FAA, CVAA experience is preferred
- Familiarity with inorganic metals analysis/instrumentation,
- Knowledge of EPA, NIOSH and OSHA methodology a plus
- Must be able to perform analytical measurements that are both
accurate and precise
- Must have the ability to read and follow documented procedures,
SOPs, safety rules, and operating and maintenance instructions
- Knowledge and understanding of basic analytical chemistry
- Some analytical thinking and problem-solving skills are a
requirement of this position. Must have some understanding of
process and workflow.
- Manual dexterity required. Must be able to perform some
repetitive tasks with accuracy and precision.
- Demonstrates upmost level of integrity in all instances and
shows respect towards others and towards company principles
- Excellent time management skills which includes the ability to
balance multiple projects concurrently (with different deadlines)
and arrange the resources necessary to accomplish them
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with LIMS an assets
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks for sustained periods
- Standing, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving
object horizontally from position to position
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily
activities of a primarily product/technical nature
- Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry,
pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with
the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials. If
you meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume for
immediate consideration. Questions? Call Airika at or email at To
schedule a time to connect, please click the link to add your
availability to my calendar. Why Kelly -- ? Kelly-- Science &
Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical
companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day,
we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their
skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be.
Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional
background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about
the science market and how to get you noticed. About Kelly -- At
Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?).
Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best,
and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles,
skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is an equal
opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce,
including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals
with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender
identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. ]]
Keywords: Kelly, Carson , ICP Metals Laboratory Analyst - Carson, CA, Healthcare , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!