Assistance Store Manager
Company: HOME DEPOT USA, INC
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Assistant Store Managers (ASMs) are responsible for providing
Customers with a convenient and enjoyable shopping experience. They
work to create an inviting shopping environment for Customers by
meeting their project needs quickly and fully. They work with the
Store Manager to develop strategies and objectives to drive sales
and profitability. They provide leadership to Associates so that
these strategies and objectives are executed successfully. Sales
ASMs must analyze trends, solve problems and develop themselves and
their Associates in order to maximize contribution to store
success. They must also be capable of working with Associates, the
Store Manager and other ASMs to accomplish goals.
- 20% Ensuring Excellent Service for Special Orders and Installed
Sales. Ensure customers are satisfied. Recruit and place Sales
Associates with appropriate skills. Ensure appropriate staffing in
specialty areas. Set and monitor department sales goals. Training
associates to provide quality customer service.
- 20% Ensuring Excellent Customer Service for Product Sales.
Ensure that customers are acknowledged, customer project needs are
met, concerns are resolved quickly. Forecast scheduling needs and
ensure that store is properly stocked to meet customer demand.
Ensure store events are appropriately scheduled and
- 20% Supervising Store Associates. Recruit, interview and
recommend qualified candidates to Store Manager. Make
recommendations to Store Manager on starting pay and pay increases
over time. Motivate, coach, train, and develop associates.
Communicate Home Depot and store and store objectives to
- 20% Manage Areas of Responsibility. Maintain department
profitability through analysis, trend identification and responding
to identified problems. Coordinate merchandising maintenance for
multiple departments. Follow procedures for opening and closing
- 10% Planning. Develop and communicate store standards to
associates. Develop strategy and objectives with Store Manager and
ensure that they are met. Work with Operations manager to plan
merchandise and signing placement and display
- 10% Other Duties. Ensure safety. Verify deposits. Follow
standard operating procedures for openings and closings. Sign for
petty cash, markdowns, time slips, refunds, price change take-in
reports, etc.Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- Reports to Store Manager
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of
others. Planning, monitoring and reviewing work of subordinates is
required. This may include direct supervision of a shift or the
coordination of multiple work groups. Makes recommendations
concerning selection, termination, performance appraisal and
professional development.Travel Requirements:
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Most of the time is spent sitting or standing in the same
location or there may be a need to stoop regularly or move/lift
light material or equipment (typically less than 8 pounds).Working
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be
regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as
dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong
drafts, or bright lights.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Ability to work a flexible, 55 hours per week schedulePreferred
- Ability to work a flexible, 55 hours per week scheduleMinimum
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through
the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.Minimum Years of
- Acts with Integrity. Role model for ethical behavior;
consistent and fair in dealings with others.
- Product Knowledge. Knows and effectively promotes all areas,
products, services, and procedures. Drives sales and trains
associates in overcoming customer objections.
- Excels in Customer Service. Creates customer-focused
environment; provides excellent service; sees business through eyes
of our customers.
- Inspires Achievement. Initiates actions to develop Associates;
provides performance feedback; recognizes accomplishments.
- Safety Orientation. Enforces safety policies and procedures; is
a safety role model.
- Delivers Results. Creates a sense of urgency; delegates
appropriately; motivates self and team to accomplish
Keywords: HOME DEPOT USA, INC, Carson , Assistance Store Manager, Executive , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!