Director of Operations Apply to This Job
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Contact: Posted by Search Firm Recruiter Remarks: A growing
fresh prepared food company with 18K people worldwide is looking
for a Director of Operations - Production at their plant in Carson,
CA. Excellent salary + Bonus + Benefits + Sign on Bonus for
relocation Overnight Travel: 5 % Compensation: Salary $150k - $180k
+ Bonus (target 20%) Relocation: A sign-on Bonus will be provided
for relocation assistance if needed. Company Info: Our client is a
premier producer of fresh prepared foods with 18K people at 48
sites worldwide in 3 countries in US, UK & China. They have 5
plants in the USA. Group Info: Manage the following departments -
Manufacturing, Sanitation, Inventory, Safety, Maintenance,
planning, warehouse, etc. consisting of around 250 people. This
reports directly to the General Manager of the plant with 300+
people Job Summary:
- The Director of Operations has overall responsibility for
development and delivery of the operations strategy to achieve
sustainable business growth, and profitability.
- The Director 's primary responsibilities are to maintain a safe
regulatory compliant working environment and to achieve overall
business objectives including: safety, quality, delivery,
productivity, and lean directives, as set forth by the
- The Director of Operations plays a key role in creating,
communicating, supporting, and owning the operational vision and
goals of the business.
- This position manages multiple departments including safety,
production, sanitation, warehousing, materials handling, and
- Provides strategic and day to day operational leadership within
a manufacturing facility to ensure the site meets the performance
standards pertaining to customer service levels, employee health
and safety, food safety, efficiency and productivity; as well as
other KPI's designed for the operations structure.
- Functions as a leader in all the team development initiatives
and mentors the team in order to lead them to operational
excellence. Job Description:
- Management of fresh prepared foods manufacturing facility in a
dynamic, cost sensitive market with short lead-times,
customer-specific requirements and complex regulatory
- Drives people performance through skills development,
engagement and a culture of coaching and mentoring.
- Manages operating costs within functional areas; is proactive
in intervening and finding solutions to operational and labor over
- Oversees plant management team on labor issues including
safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, training,
- Enables managers, supervisors and leads to effectively
performance manage and ensures adherence to company policy and
administering policies in fair and equitable manner.
- Hires, trains, develops and appraises colleagues effectively.
Leads, coaches and mentors team to reach exceptional
- Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in
accordance with company policy.
- Acts as the Safety Champion ensuring all Health and Safety
programs/standards are met.
- Responsible for all manufacturing overhead and direct labor
costs in the P&L related to Production, maintenance and
- Works close with the General manger to drive towards
Operational and Manufacturing excellence and overall business
- Participates in the development of operational budgets, as well
as an annual plan to address capital expenditures. Manages budget
and controls expenses effectively.
- Actively participates in plant engineering projects and
conducts feasibility studies regarding plant operations, equipment,
facilities, and personnel. Makes recommendations for continuous
improvement and cost reductions.
- Contributes to the management of financial control processes
and systems in order to facilitate delivering the results in labor
and equipment efficiencies as well as the different areas in the
supply change system.
- Develops and sustains rapport with other members of the
management team pertaining to Health and Safety, Food Safety,
Supply Chain, Commercialization and Finance.
- Has the ability to function under highly stressful conditions
and interact respectfully with co-workers to accomplish common
- ?Responsible for oversight of the plant 's Food Safety &
Quality Management Systems. Candidate Must Have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Operations Management, Industrial
Engineering or related field
- Min. 8 years of Director level experience in a FDA regulated
manufacturing plant over 250 people
- Some experience in a food manufacturing plant
- Experience in leading and implementing Total Performance
Management (TPM) or Manufacturing Excellence applying lean
methodologies within a food production environment.
- A proven record of accomplishment in leading an organization
through significant, profitable growth for a sustained period of
- Experience in managing multiple functions of the operation
including Safety, Production, Sanitation, Maintenance, Warehousing,
and Inventory Control.
- Adept in Microsoft Office systems and applications Candidate
Nice to Have:
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification.
- A Master 's in Business Administration.
- RTE /RTH '" Ready to Eat / Ready to Heat food industry
- Experience with USDA, Fresh prepared food Industry
More Jobs Like This Job No. 651926
Regional VP of Operations
Job No. 651921
VP of Operations Southern California
Santa Fe Springs, CA
Job No. 651905
Regional Vice President
Job Tools:Apply to This Job --Print this job
Share thisEmail this job to meSend this job to a colleagueYour
* First Name:
* Last Name:
* First Name:
* Last Name:
Comments you would like to include (optional):
* Required fields
Need Help? Your Member ServicesRepresentative is
here for you at 1-203-750-1030
Keywords: ExecuNet, Carson , Director of Operations Apply to This Job, Executive , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!