Diesel Mechanic "A"
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Description Diesel/CNG Mechanics/Technicians - We want YOU to
join our TEAM!! Hiring Immediately!Transdev, N.A. in Gardena/Los
Angeles area is looking for hardworking and dependable mechanics to
add to our growing maintenance team. This is an hourly position and
the starting rate of pay will be based upon experience and
qualifications.As a Transdev technician you will perform
preventative maintenance, diagnostics, and repairs in a safe,
efficient and well-equipped work environment.
- Competitive Wages - Starting Wage $35.00 per hour
- Sign on bonus up to $4000.00
- ASE Bonus up to $2000.00
- Excellent work environment with opportunities for
advancementThings to expect:
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and
- Training and development
- Career progression opportunities
- Safety awards
- Being appreciated as a valuable member of a great Team!
- The opportunity to travelHow we are keeping our employees and
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning/disinfecting measures with
concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Enhanced facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with
concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas To view Transdev's
purpose and how we make a difference, follow this link:
Diesel Bus Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Diagnostics and repairs of diesel/CNG engines, powertrains,
HVAC systems, steering systems, electrical systems, cooling
systems, and brake systems.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance on Transit
- Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work
- Other duties may be assigned.Pre-Employment Requirements:
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical examination, including a
background and drug test.Qualified Candidates for The Diesel
Mechanic Position will have met the following:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- A valid drivers license in good standing for a minimum of 2
- Must possess a CDL license with air brakes and a passenger
endorsement or have the ability and willingness to obtain one
- 5+ years practical experience
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance
- Ability to read, interpret safety documents, blue prints,
schematics and other mechanical diagrams.
- ASE Certification preferred not require
- Optimally, will possess 609 and 608 air conditioning
certificates and at least five H or T series ASE certifcations of
which two must consist of T6, T7, H6, or H7
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate,
handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp
environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds. About Transdev:
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities. Transdev pupose: https://youtu.be/ilO5cv0G4mQIf
you have any questions, please contact us at *May change based upon
local Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified.The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.Transdev is an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.
Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without
regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation,
religion or other legally protected status or any other
classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Transdev, Carson , Diesel Mechanic "A", Engineering , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!