Principal Power Electronics Controls Engineer
Company: Rivian Automotive
Posted on: January 26, 2023
- Develop, validate, and enhance various power electronics
products for onboard and offboard, grid-tied and stationary energy
- Evaluate circuit topologies and circuit components through
simulation and analysis.
- Outline controller specifications based on the application
- Develop and implement innovative system- and component-level
control algorithms for a variety of power electronics
- Test, validate, and troubleshoot the implemented control
algorithms in simulation and on HW target.
- Develop detailed power electronics models to investigate and
verify the controller algorithms robustness and performance across
the entire operating space.
- Define subsystem- and system-level tests to validate the newly
implemented algorithms and their interactions with the existing
- Work closely in a collaborative environment with the system,
electrical, and software engineering teams to achieve the required
performance of the power converters across the operating range.
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering specialized in power
electronics or controls (MS + 17 years, PhD + 15 years, with
minimum of 10 years working as a design or team lead).
- Solid background in power electronics controls with strong
analytical skills. Deep understanding of control theory and
operating principles of AC/DC and DC/DC resonant converter
topologies (Vienna, Totem Pole, DAB, LLC, and CLLC).
- History of working through ambiguity and developing robust
algorithms from a clean sheet, including software architecture,
implementation, integration, and test.
- Proven ability to develop, implement, and verify control
algorithms for switching power converters in both simulation
environments and hardware.
- Expert in MATLAB/Simulink. Experience with modeling power
converters in offline (MATLAB/Simulink, PLECS) and real-time
simulation platforms (Opal-RT, Typhoon HIL).
- Programming experience in C/C++, and Python. Capability of
delivering high-quality code in an embedded microcontroller
- Ability to thrive under pressure and time constraints, highly
motivated, self-starter with great attention to details
Keywords: Rivian Automotive, Carson , Principal Power Electronics Controls Engineer, Engineering , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!