Company: Howmet Aerospace
Posted on: January 16, 2022
EHS Engineer - (21002908)Description
Howmet Fastening Systems (HFS) is seeking an EHS, Engineer at our
aerospace manufacturing facility in Carson, CA.
This is an opportunity to grow your career at a large,
international aerospace company. The position includes competitive
wages and a comprehensive benefits package, including health
insurance (medical, dental, vision), a 401(k)-matching program, and
paid holidays and vacation.
Howmet Aerospace, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a
leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the
aerospace and transportation industries. The Company's primary
businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening
systems and titanium structural parts necessary for
mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and
defense applications, as well as forged wheels for commercial
transportation. Howmet Aerospace is transforming the next phase of
more fuel-efficient, quieter aerospace engines and sustainable
ground transportation. For more information, visit www.howmet.com.
Follow @howmet: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and
- Ensure Compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety
- Supports location EHS Manager in the overall EHS process
implementation and oversight.
- Supports development and implementation of the EHS management
- Writes procedures, administers requirements, and conducts
- Investigates all EHS incidents.
- Coordinate the development of systems to ensure
incidents/quarterly metrics are kept per guidelines.
- Assists with site emergencies (spill
- Ensures compliance with all EHS regularity requirements and per
- Demonstrates knowledge of EHS Management Systems including but
not limited to ISO14001:2015.
- Provide oversight for effective EHS internal Audit
- Provides direction and oversight for the respective EHS Single
Point Accountable (SPA'S)
- Coordinate EHS training programs and provides training for
employees as needed.
- Establishes permanent EHS files for all units under their
control. These files must follow company policies and procedures
for records administration and retention.
- Participate in investigation teams as required to assure
prompt, thorough incident review and makes appropriate corrective
- Participates in continuing professional education. This means
staying current and competent in the respective EHS profession
through seminars, courses, literature review, etc.
- Prepares and submits reports and other required submittals as
assigned to company and all local, state, and federal regulatory
- Lead and offer guidance to site team on risk assessment and
risk prediction to mitigate risk of task-based activities as well
as facilitate safety team meetings, problem solving teams/meetings
and EHS planning meetings within the organization.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general OSHA Regulations, Fire Department
- Knowledge of Environmental Permits: CUPA, RCRA, Sanitation
District Permits, South Coast AQMD, Water Boards, Los Angeles
Department of Public Works,
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Programs (i.e., Powered
Industrial Trucks, LOTO, Fall Protection)
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Health or Occupational Health &
Safety or Environmental
- 3 or more years of experience in the field of health and
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment. eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulation (ITAR), which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines
U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green
Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- To ensure the health and safety of our employees, Howmet
requires newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
to the extent permitted under federal, state, and local law.
Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of a
disability, medical condition, or sincerely held religious beliefs
or legally recognized exemptions will be considered.
- 3 or more years of experience in the field of Environmental,
Health and Safety
Primary Location: United States-CA-CarsonRemote Work Schedule
Availability: Partially RemoteEOE, including Disability/Vets
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, Carson , EHS Engineer, Engineering , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!