Associate Principal Counsel - Animation
Company: The Walt Disney Studios
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Job Summary:We are seeking an attorney to join the Walt Disney
Studios Production Legal Affairs Team. As an Associate Principal
Counsel on the team, under moderate supervision, you will draft and
negotiate motion picture contracts, provide legal analysis and
advice, and serve as production counsel to 20th Century Studios
feature film development and production for theatrical and
streaming content, and other original content in support of various
- Draft complicated rights acquisitions and provide legal
analysis related to chain-of-title, intellectual property rights
and other rights management matters.
- Draft, analyze and negotiate talent contracts for feature film
development and production. You will also prepare memos summarizing
motion picture rights, talent approvals, and other
- Draft, analyze and negotiate third-party production services
agreements in connection with the development and production of
animated features and series.
- Provide counsel on corporate structuring, draft production
services agreements, payroll services arrangements, and other
documents related to production set-up.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of production agreements
including locations, leases, vendor/equipment, catering, third
party consulting and other production related agreements.
- Evaluate and advise on clearance matters, guild issues, and
other concerns relating to the production, marketing and
exploitation of feature films and other original content.
- Draft and negotiate confidentiality agreements, submission
releases, non-disclosure agreements, actor releases.Basic
- 5+ years of significant legal experience with a minimum of 2
years in the entertainment industry.
- Solid understanding of theatrical motion picture business and
legal issues. Demonstrated capacity to keep current on emerging
business and legal trends in streaming, motion picture, episodic,
television and new media industry.
- Superior drafting, negotiation, communication and
organizational skills. Experience drafting and negotiating
live-action, animation, television, streaming, SVOD and/or other
entertainment contracts preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well in a
team environment and act as a resource to colleagues with less
experience. Ability to build interdepartmental relationships at all
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and present
arguments to higher-level attorneys and clients to help shape
strategic decisions made by those individuals.
- Ability to evaluate and reconcile issues from the business-unit
and enterprise level perspective.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management
skills with the ability to work under deadlines and execute
efficiently against multiple, high-priority and high volume
projects. Demonstrates a clear ability to manage fast-paced
- Ability to work in an environment with a high degree of
- JD degree. Admission to California State Bar Association (or
willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel)
and law degree from an accredited law school.Additional
Information:#legalaffairs, #LI-TD2 and #CORP_MEDIA
Keywords: The Walt Disney Studios, Carson , Associate Principal Counsel - Animation, Education / Teaching , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!