Company: National Express
Posted on: January 23, 2023
DescriptionNational Express LLC (NELLC) is the North American
subsidiary of National Express Group, PLC, one of the premier
transportation firms in the United Kingdom. We operate across 34
states and three provinces. All organizations share a strong
commitment to provide the highest level of transportation safety,
quality transportation, outstanding customer service and positive
employee relations. National Express School (NEXS) operates more
than 22,500 school buses, serves more than 550 school districts in
31 states and three provinces, and transports more than 1.3 million
students on a daily basis. National Express Transit (NEXT)
operations transport more than 22 million passengers annually with
more than 2,800 vehicles. National Express Shuttle (WeDriveU)
serves more than nine million corporate and university passengers
annually. NELLCs corporate headquarters, located in Lisle,
Illinois, houses the administrative and corporate support functions
for the organization. Our 290 local customer service centers (CSCs)
are supported by regional operations teams located throughout North
America. Learn more at nellc.com.We offer medical, dental, vision,
basic life insurance coverage, holiday pay, and PTO accrual.
Additionally, employees are able to enroll in a retirement savings
- Evaluate the performance of all direct-report personnel on a
regular basis according to company policy.
- Schedule and dispatch drivers for maximum efficiency.
- Manage direct and indirect hours, minimizing overtime for the
- Collect and audit employees' time sheets.
- Administer appropriate employee discipline as necessary.
- Ensure the effective utilization of vehicles and optimize
vehicle routing and record supporting documentation.
- Ensure that key pupil transportation data are collected.
- Monitor on-time performance.
- Document and manage customer or employee complaints.
- Assist Area General Manager in preparation of the Annual
Operating Plan and subsequent analysis of variance.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies and/or processes by
action and speech. Discuss any breech of policy and procedure noted
with Area General Manager.
- Meet regularly with school district administrators to review
service quality and performance, address other business issues and
enhance the relationship.
- Interact frequently with parents and demonstrate action based
on survey results.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Responsible for knowledge of CSC contracts, finances budget and
operational requirements.The pay range for this position is
$63,000-$66,560.00 per year.Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- 5 years work experience required, with 3 years in ground
transportation industry preferred; this can be waived with a
minimum of 1-year supervisory experience. College education can be
substituted for up to 2 years required work experience.
- Proven supervisory expertise and knowledge of related methods,
practices and techniques.
- Proven relationship building and maintenance and collaborative
skills to provide high-level support to local decision-making
- Ability to foster and maintain effective working relationships
with internal and external stakeholders and work collaboratively to
develop strategies/solutions to satisfactorily resolve issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate
clearly regarding events and their resolution, provide direction,
coaching and mentoring, create an environment that encourages and
values input and feedback from the driving workforce,
- Ability to promote the company as a leading edge service
provider in bus transportation, promote new/enhanced business
services to existing customers, prepare reports and make
- Well-developed multi-tasking and time and priority management
skills to balance conflicting demands related to customer care and
- Computer literacy, preferably in word processing and
spreadsheets, excellent interpersonal skills, well developed
written and verbal communication skills. Basic math skillsAt
National Express our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is
representative of the communities we serve. All employment
decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and
individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical
conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic information (including characteristics and
testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic
protected by applicable law.National Express LLCs independent
subsidiaries and affiliates are an equal employment opportunity
(EEO) employerThe pay rate range, along with most all of the other
terms and conditions of employment, vary between different sites,
geographical markets, customer/ contractual terms and positions.Key
Words: Site Supervisor, Site Manager, Terminal Supervisor, Terminal
Manager, Operations Manager, Dispatch Manager, Transportation
Supervisor, Transit Supervisor, Transit Manager, Student
Transportation Supervisor, Manager of Student Transportation,
Assistant Transportation Manager, Assistant Contract Manager,
Assistant Director of Transportation, Bus, School Bus, Pupil,
Student, Passenger, Transportation, Ground Transportation, Public
Transit, Special Needs Transportation, Logistics, Operations, DOT,
Transport, Route, Routing, School, Public School, Field Trip,
Charter, Safety, Passenger Safety, NAPT, VersaTrans, Synovia,
Edulog, CMF 88, 88M, 88N, 88ZJob: Operations FieldPrimary Location:
United States-California-Carson-Carson, CAWork Locations Carson, CA
(2009_Carson, CA)16627 Avalon Blvd., Bldg. AC/O DURHAM 2009Carson,
90746Organization United States BusSchedule Full-timeEmployee
Status RegularTravel NoReq ID: 231111
Keywords: National Express, Carson , Site Supervisor, Accounting, Auditing , Carson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!